|Dorcas Home Care Service was started in 1992 to provide meals to homebound and frail elderly living in Chinatown. The service was later expanded to cover other homehelp service components (medical escort, personal hygiene, laundry and housekeeping) with funding support from Ministry of Health (MOH).|
- To enable older persons to continue to live in the community despite their frailty, and
- To support working family members in the care of their old and frail members.
Dorcas Home Care Service provides a unique care programme for the elderly:
- Meals Delivery
- Medical Escort and Transport (MET)
- Singapore citizens or PRs
- Age 55 and above
- Living alone or with another frail caregiver, and is without a regular caregiver during the day
We serve the residents of southwest district, covering:
- Buona Vista
- West Coast
- Teban Gardens
- Pandan Gardens
- Jurong (MET only)
Applicants with monthly per capita income below $950 will be subjected to a means-testing procedure to determine how much subsidy they qualify for.
Applicants are referred by the medical social workers to Agency of Integrated Care (AIC) before they are channeled to us for assessment.
Monday to Friday
8.30am – 5.00pm
(Closed on weekends and public holidays)