The Emergency Relief Scheme (ERS) provides short-term relief to individuals and families in need of temporary financial assistance, regardless of race, religion or nationality. The scheme enables them to meet their immediate needs while they seek long term help from other sources.
The main eligibility criteria is immediate financial need arising from sudden death, imprisonment or illness of the primary or secondary wage earner, lack of family support e.g. abandonment of the family/ elderly parents by a spouse/ children.
How to Apply
- For partners from other social service organisations, hospitals or churches:
- Download the latest application form here.
- Application form must be completed together with:
- either a social report by the social worker, OR a letter of recommendation from pastor or full-time staff of church, and
- required supporting documents stated in the form.
- Please ensure that your client has given consent for the referral and has signed on page 3 of the form.
- Send to us via email to or fax to 6338 7153.
- To apply for yourself or refer someone you know, please fill up this form and we will be in touch with you.
Eric (pseudo name)
The applicant was a young man who met with a road accident, just months after he got married. The accident left Eric with multiple fractures. He had undergone several operations, and there was a possibility that he might need even more. His injuries would take him a few months to completely heal and Eric would require rehabilitation to strength his functional abilities.
During those months of recuperation, Eric benefited from Presbyterian Community Services’ cash assistance, which tided his family over the difficult period. The cash assistance allowed the family to meet their daily needs due to his sudden loss of income.
The family is grateful to Presbyterian Community Services for the kind assistance and support during their most difficult period. Currently, Eric is making efforts to return to work, and hopes to get his life back on track again.