The Integrated Childcare Programme (ICCP) is an inclusive programme provided in existing Child Care Centres which allows children, age 2-6 years, with special needs to learn alongside their regular peers. The ICCP aims to provide a natural environment for the child to learn, play, socialise and grow up in. It helps to prepare the child for entry into primary school later.
The programme is available in selected childcare centres. These centres have teachers who are specially trained to address the learning and social needs of the child. The physical classroom environment is also designed to cater to children with special needs and specially designed teaching materials may be used.
What does ICCP offer?
Children in ICCP will be placed in classes according to their age and ability. They will participate in all or most of the class activities where trained teachers will provide guidance ad help during the programmes.
Benefits of ICCP
Engage the children with special needs in the same group activities as other children in the centre
- Cater to their learning needs through modifications of the curriculum
- Develop an individual education plan for each child, working together with the parents and the healthcare professionals.
- Monitor the progress of each child on a regular basis
- Conduct regular parent-teacher feedback sessions.
Who is Suitable for ICCP?
Children aged 2 to 6 years with :
- Physical Disability
- Hearing Impairment (with prescribed hearing aids only)
- Visual Impairment (with prescribed corrective lenses only)
- Speech Delay
- Developmental Delay
Enrollment & Fees
How to enrol
- Parents can approach the SG Enable for more information on the enrolment procedure.
- Parents, whose children are known to hospitals, can request the hospital’s Medical Social Worker to make a referral to SG Enable with the relevant documents:-
- Standard ICCP referral forms
- Social Report & Medical Report
- Psychological report for children with Autism
Parents in need of fee subsidies may apply for the following (subject to conditions):
- Government Child Care Subsidy
- Centre-Based Financial Assistance Scheme for Childcare (CFAC)
For more information, please contact:
Ang Mo Kio Centre
Blk 442 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10
#01-1205, Singapore 560442
Tel: 6457 0714 Fax: 6451 4437
Principal: Ms Soh Lay Choo
Admin Asst: Ms Wendy Ong
Blk 127 Hougang Ave 1, #01-1494
Tel: 6283 4674 Fax: 6283 9459
Principal: Ms Margie Lee
Admin Asst: Ms Lai Wan Pheng
Jurong West Centre
Blk 452 Jurong West St 42, #01-170
Tel: 6567 4642 Fax: 6560 0174
Principal: Ms Wendy Ang
Admin Asst: Mr Prakash
Blk 432 Tampines St 41 #01-555
Tel: 6783 8310 Fax: 6786 4710
Principal: Ms Jen Lim
Admin Asst: Ms Eileen Tan
Blk 23 Marsiling Drive, #01-159
Tel: 6368 8734 Fax: 6364 9234
Principal: Ms Liew Siew Guek
Admin Asst: Ms Margaret Chang
Blk 411 Yishun Ring Road
#01-1807 Singapore 760411
Tel: 6755 7714 Fax: 6759 6110
Principal: Mrs Irene Seet
Admin Asst: Ms June Foo