The Integrated Childcare Programme (ICCP) is an inclusive programme provided in existing Child Care Centres which allows children, age 2-6 years, with special needs to learn alongside their regular peers. The ICCP aims to provide a natural environment for the child to learn, play, socialise and grow up in. It helps to prepare the child for entry into primary school later.
The programme is available in selected childcare centres. These centres have teachers who are specially trained to address the learning and social needs of the child. The physical classroom environment is also designed to cater to children with special needs and specially designed teaching materials may be used.
What does ICCP offer?
Children in ICCP will be placed in classes according to their age and ability. They will participate in all or most of the class activities where trained teachers will provide guidance ad help during the programmes.
Benefits of ICCP
Engage the children with special needs in the same group activities as other children in the centre
- Cater to their learning needs through modifications of the curriculum
- Develop an individual education plan for each child, working together with the parents and the healthcare professionals.
- Monitor the progress of each child on a regular basis
- Conduct regular parent-teacher feedback sessions.
Who is Suitable for ICCP?
Children aged 2 to 6 years with :
- Physical Disability
- Hearing Impairment (with prescribed hearing aids only)
- Visual Impairment (with prescribed corrective lenses only)
- Speech Delay
- Developmental Delay
Enrollment & Fees
How to enrol
- Parents can approach the SG Enable for more information on the enrolment procedure.
- Parents, whose children are known to hospitals, can request the hospital’s Medical Social Worker to make a referral to SG Enable with the relevant documents:-
- Standard ICCP referral forms
- Social Report & Medical Report
- Psychological report for children with Autism
Parents in need of fee subsidies may apply for the following (subject to conditions):
- Government Child Care Subsidy
- Centre-Based Financial Assistance Scheme for Childcare (CFAC)
For more information, please contact:
SG Enable Ltd
20 Lengkok Bahru, #01-01
Fax: 6226 2366